The annual Heartland Art Club Member Showcase begins its final days on display in the Galleries of the Heartland Art Club, 101A W. Argonne Drive, located across from historic Kirkwood Station.
Attracting talent from across the Midwest, the goal of the Heartland Art Club is to bring attention to high-quality figurative art – art that portrays an identifiable subject – and to provide artists with the opportunity to improve their skills in a range of media. Art includes photorealism and impressionism, and artists can use almost any medium.
This year’s show was judged by artist Jane Mudd, whose long career in portraiture and teaching the arts in college shaped her unique artistic perspective.
Out of 67 entries from Missouri, Illinois and Arkansas, Mudd selected six works for awards. Glendale and Kirkwood area artists are among this year’s winners.
• First place: “The Aftermath”, watercolor, by Erin Blumer of Glendale
• Second place: “Sitting on a Couch in Paint Rock”, oil, by Lon Brauer from Granite City, Illinois
• Third place: “Meandering”, pastel, by Tracey Maras from Dawson, Illinois
• Honorable mention: “Winter Solitude”, oil, by Sandy Haynes of Kirkwood
• Honorable Mention: “Petroglyphs Kokopelli”, pen and ink, by Gary Gackstatter of Kirkwood
• Honorable mention: “Windstorm, Weldon Springs Trail Head”, photography, by Beth Goyer of Des Peres
The Members’ Showcase is open to the public until October 2 during normal gallery hours, Wednesday through Saturday, noon to 5 p.m. All of the artwork in the showcase is available for purchase.